Thursday, March 25, 2010

Russia.


My trip was amazing! I love volunteer work.
Tyler and I broke up right before I left. Like, 7 hours before I left. My heart just... broke. So it was a hard trip, too. But it helped me focus, and I learned a lot. I am so grateful for the life I live and for my family. So many kids just straight up don't have a family... that was the hardest thing for me to see on this trip. I met so many amazing people, so many new friends. I've tried so many new foods and learned so much about myself. (Who knew that I just love a hot cup of tea?!) Anyways, even though I've been home almost two weeks, I'm still having a hard time sleeping - so I'll keep this short and end with a video of the highlights of the trip.. Make sure to watch through the end! :)




The photo is from one of the five orphanages we visited. We also visited 2 juvenile delinquent homes, a foster home, a homeless shelter and three schools, as well as throwing a concert/drama performance at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment